How To Apply For USA Employment Visa Sponsorship – Applying for USA Employment is possible if you go through this post. Do you wish to work in the United States and you are looking for the perfect way to do so and also get an American Green Card, then you just saw this post right in time.
How To Apply For USA Employment Visa Sponsorship
The U.S. has a lot of job opportunities and since it is one of the best countries in the world to work in, it has seen an influx of immigrants and workers.
We all know that the United States is a powerful global force with good economic stability and development. The success of the country and its dream has always attracted a lot of people from around the world and we are not surprised that you wish to go there too. They will state that you will work the job position they hired you for and they must guarantee that you will get the same salary as a U.S. citizen or permanent resident in the same job position.
This employment visa sponsorship is not actually a letter; it is a set of documents that are sent to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).
The documents have different forms and letters with employment information and they must state that the employer wants to hire the employee willingly.
Also, the employment visa sponsorship can only be accepted if the employer has posted job ads and submitted other documents to the U.S. Department of Labour and has waited for someone to respond to the job ads without getting any response. This means that there are no U.S. citizens or permanent residents available for the job and so there is a need to hire a foreign worker to come to fill up the job position.
Types of Employment Visa sponsorship
Since there are a lot of U.S. visas, you might get confused as to which visas are for employment. Well, do not worry as we have got you covered. We are going to be revealing the types of employment visa sponsorship.
Nonimmigrants Visas Employment Sponsorship
This is for those that want to stay temporarily in the country. They are not Green Cards and so having this doesn’t give you any right of a U.S. citizen.
There are many types of U.S. nonimmigrant visas but the most popular ones are employment visas.
The nonimmigrant visas that need employment sponsorship are:
- H-1B Visa – Person in Specialty Occupation
- H-2A Visa – Temporary Agricultural Workers
- H-2B Visa – Temporary Non-Agricultural Workers
- L1 Visas – Intercompany transfer going to the U.S. due to having specialized knowledge or taking executive positions.
- O-1A Visa – People with extraordinary abilities in business, science, athletics, and education.
- O-1B Visa – People with extraordinary abilities in the arts, film, and television industries
- O-2 Visa – Personnel assisting those with O-1A and O-1B visas.
Immigrants Visas Employment Sponsorships
Immigrant visas or Green Cards also need employment sponsorship and here, we will be listing the Immigrant visa’s employment sponsorships.
- EB-1 Visa – Outstanding professors, people with extraordinary abilities in arts, science, business, education, athletics, and research. Also, executive managers who have worked at a foreign branch of a US company for the past 3 years.
- EB-2 Visa – Professionals with advanced degrees and people with extraordinary abilities in arts, sciences, or business.
- EB-3 Visa – Skilled workers with more than 2 years of experience, professionals with a higher education degree. Also, unskilled workers with less than 2 years of experience (EW-3 Visa).
- EB-4 Visa – Various religious, government, or international organizations workers.
Do you know that some of these visas like the EB-1 visa are self-petitioning in the sense that if you have extraordinary abilities, you can sponsor your own visa? You will have to submit all the documents and pay the fees yourself.
How To Get A Sponsorship Letter For Employment In the USA
Getting a sponsorship letter can be daunting and time-consuming. The employer will appoint an immigration lawyer who will handle the procedure.
Here are the steps that you will need to follow when applying for a U.S. work visa or looking to work in the U.S.
Get An Employment Offer
You will need to get a full-time offer from an employer in the U.S. This will cover the job offer that is included in the sponsorship agreement.
Submit a Labor Certificate
If it is a non-immigrant visa, you will need to submit a labor certification to the Department of Labour. This will show that the company was unable to find a qualified U.S. citizen or permanent resident to fill up the job position and so they had to employ you to fill up the job position.
After getting the certification, the employer will submit the petition. The petition has all the supporting documents, itineraries, contracts, and qualifications of the employee. All these are submitted to USCIS.
For Nonimmigrant Employment Visa Sponsorship, the employer will submit Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant worker.
For Immigrant Employment Visa Sponsorship, the employer will submit Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker.
The employer will see the instructions on the USCIS website and will have to follow the instructions to complete the petitions they can also employ the services of a lawyer to complete them because it is very easy to make mistakes.
Any mistake made while filing or submitting can lead to a delay in visa processing.
Once the USCIS has the petition and the supporting documents, they process the case. This could take a long time to process as there are many petitions so you as an employee will have to wait for months or even a year.
Once the USCIS makes a decision, they will notify both the employer and the employee and if they deny the petition, they will still notify both the employer and employee and also outline the reasons.
If the petition was approved, they will state the next steps that the employer and employee must take to get the visa.
Documents Needed For The Employment Visa Sponsorship
Here, we will be showing you all the documents that will be required when you want to get the Employment Visa Sponsorship letter. They are:
- Valid passport (Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your stay in the United States
- Nonimmigrant Visa Application Form DS-160
- Application fee payment receipt (you will only need it if you are required to pay before your interview)
- Passport photo (upload your photo when completing the DS-160 form)
- Receipt Number for your approved petition as it appears on your Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Form I-129, Notice of Action, Form I-797, from USCIS.
- Proof that you will return to your home country once your work in the United States is completed.
You will still submit some other documents.
The USA List Of Jobs With Visa Sponsorship
Here, we will be listing the companies in the United States that give jobs with visa sponsorship:
- JPMorgan Chase