Hotel Manager Needed In Days Inn, Surrey, Canada – We are seeking a professional and customer-focused hotel manager to oversee our hotel operations. In this position, you will direct the day-to-day operations and activities at your allocated hotel location. Your duties will include managing personnel, collecting payments, monitoring budgets, and evaluating hotel performance.
Hotel Manager Needed In Days Inn, Surrey, Canada
A hotel manager oversees all operations and day-to-day activities in a hotel organization. They take on a variety of duties including managing everything from accounting, sales, business development, and customer service. Also referred to as a hotel operations manager.
Hotel Manager Job Description
To excel in this role, you must be approachable and detailed-oriented with proven hospitality or management work experience. Our ideal candidate will also demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Oversee personnel including receptionists, kitchen staff, and office employees.
- Monitor employee performance and conduct regular evaluations to help improve customer service.
- Collect payments and maintain records of budgets, funds, and expenses.
- Welcome and register guests once they arrive.
- Resolve issues regarding hotel services, amenities, and policies.
- Organize activities and assign responsibilities to employees to ensure productivity.
- Create and apply a marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services and amenities.
- Coordinate with external parties including suppliers, travel agencies, and conference planners.
- Evaluate hotel performance and ensure compliance with health and safety rules.
- Partaking in financial activities including establishing room rates, setting budgets, and assigning funds to departments.
- Location: Surrey, BC, Canada.
- Salary: $27.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week.
- Terms of Employment: Permanent employment, Full time.
- Working Hours: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Morning.
or equivalent experience
Experience2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns; Prepare marketing plans; Prepare budgets and monitor revenues and expenses; Negotiate with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies; Implement marketing activities; Establish work schedules; Enforce policies and procedures; Develop and implement business plans; Develop and implement policies and procedures for daily operations; Assist clients/guests with special needs.
- Massive Farm Workers Recruitment in Canada
- Budgetary Responsibility
- $100,001 – $500,000
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel; MS PowerPoint; MS Windows; MS Word; Central reservation system (CRS); MS Office; MS Outlook
- Additional Skills
- Supervise staff; Recruit and hire staff; Perform front desk duties; Conduct training sessions; Conduct performance reviews; Arrange for and oversee maintenance activities work SettingHotel, motel, resort work Site EnvironmentNon-smoking; Air conditioned transportation/Travel InformationPublic transportation is available to work.
- Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, and walking; Large workload, Ability to Supervise5-10 people work Location InformationUrban area personal SuitabilityInitiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus the benefits free parking available screening questions are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
Free parking availableEmployment GroupsThis employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities
Who can apply for this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.