Healthcare Assistant UK Visa Sponsorship
£22,444 – £23,816 a year
Full Job Description
Working for our organization
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK’s biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over a 1.6million patients treats more than 200,000 in A&E, delivers over 8,000 babies, and carries out more than a 17million tests.
Our size, scale, and influence offer you unrivaled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits to next-level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
1. Clinical Responsibilities
Maintain professional behavior at all times and promote a positive image of Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust at all times, in line with World Class Care values.
To assist the staff in the delivery of direct patient care.
To assist the nursing staff in maintaining patients’ well-being and dignity in a safe environment and in maintaining patient confidentiality and privacy.
To understand and adhere to all relevant trust policies and procedures.
Be polite and professional at all times.
Recognize the importance of working within the team and supporting colleagues.
To be courteous and professional at all times when dealing with patients, relatives, and colleagues, when answering the telephone and when dealing with members of the multidisciplinary team (MDT).
Report any concerns regarding the patient’s well-being or safety to the nurse in charge.
It is the responsibility of any member of staff who becomes aware of either a clinical or non-clinical incident to escalate immediately to the registered nurse.
To understand the principles of the Friends and Family Test/Expedia patient feedback and how it is used to improve and maintain an excellent patient experience.
Assist nursing staff with ward preparation for admission and ensure the bay areas are appropriately cleaned on patient discharge or transfer.
Assist in orientating patients and visitors to the ward environment.
Deliver and collect items from other departments as necessary.
Help to keep all areas of the ward environment clean and tidy.
Ensure compliance with all aspects of Infection Control, Isolation, and Food Hygiene policies.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR PATIENTS
To understand and support safeguarding principles for patients and escalate any concerns to the registered nurse.
At all times respect patients’ privacy and dignity.
Communicate in an appropriate manner with patients and relatives at all times.
Assist with all aspects of patients’ dietary needs as required.
Assist with all aspects of patients’ hygiene and personal needs as required.
Assist the nursing staff with moving and repositioning patients within the Trust’s Manual Handling Guidelines as required.
Assist patients with mobilizing as required.
Monitor and record patient’s observations; blood pressure, pulse, temperature, blood glucose monitoring, and routine urine tests.
To measure and document patients’ height, weight, and BMI.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR POLICY AND SERVICE DEVELOPMENT
Answering the telephone and relaying messages to the appropriate member of staff.
Ensuring the safekeeping of patient’s property in accordance with Trust Policy.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR FINANCIAL AND PHYSICAL RESOURCES
To keep the general environment clean and tidy, being alert to possible sources of cross-infection, maintaining safe and clear walkways and bed areas, ensuring fire exits remain clear and equipment and supplies are stored correctly.
Assist with restocking ward supply levels and report when stock levels are low.
Assist nursing staff in ensuring all equipment is stored correctly and is in working order.
To help with cleaning and maintenance of equipment, reporting any damaged or faulty equipment to the nurse in charge.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR LEADING AND MANAGING
Working with the staff in facilitating patients’ admission and discharges.
Identifying any issues with documentation and bringing it to the attention of the nurses.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR INFORMATION RESOURCES
Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
To assist the nurses in keeping the medical records of patients safe and confidential.
Undertake delegated clerical duties including filing, finding notes, and administrative tasks, adhering to the Data Protection Act.
- EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT
Attend general Trust Induction.
The appraisal system ensures own training needs are identified and mandatory training is kept up to date in conjunction with the Ward Manager.
Attends staff meetings, including team briefings and reads information as required.
To undertake staff development review with the appropriate supervisor.
Royal Free World Class Values
- Demonstrable ability to meet the Trust Values
Education & Qualifications
- Education & Knowledge of personal care and related procedures
- Willing to develop and work towards a new diploma Level 2 or equivalent
- Demonstrable literacy and numeracy skills
- NVQ Level 2 or Equivalent
- New Diploma Level 2 or equivalent
- Previous experience with teamwork
- Previous experience in customer care
- Interest or experience within a carer role/setting
Skills and Aptitudes
- Ability to provide individualized care and empathy
- Good organizational skills
- Able to communicate effectively with patients, relatives, and multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work in a team
- Able to demonstrate an awareness of the importance of confidentiality/privacy and dignity
- Can explain the principles of infection control
- Willing to develop own knowledge and practice
Personal Qualities & Attributes
- Has a caring, compassionate, and professional nature
- Demonstrates self-motivation and common sense
- Diplomatic and calm
- Ability to work as a team and form professional relationships with colleagues
- Flexibility in shift and working patterns to meet the needs of the service
- Covid-19 Vaccination
Getting vaccinated, and getting a booster, remains the best defense against COVID-19.
We encourage and support staff to get the COVID-19 vaccine and a booster dose as and when they are eligible.
- AT* – Apprenticeship Training. Where AT* is entered next to the job title indicates that this vacancy is for an apprenticeship role.
- By applying for this role, you accept if successful, that your personal data may be transferred from the Trust to another NHS organization where your employment transfers within the NHS. This is in accordance with the streamlining program which aims at saving you time and improving efficiencies within the NHS when your employment transfers. Therefore we require you to complete your stat and Man e-learning modules prior to joining our organization.
- If you are an EU/EEA citizen who does not have EU Settlement or Pre-Settled status, you will require a visa to work in the UK. Please Note: We are unable to sponsor Band 2 to 4 as the salary does not meet the UKVI Points Based system threshold.
- If you require sponsorship for a visa to work in the UK, to avoid disappointment, please check to ensure you are eligible under the UKVI points-based system.
- If you are offered a role with the Trust, as part of pre-employment checks your Identity Documentation will be verified using a secure third-party service https://cloud.trustid.co.uk. You will be asked to capture an image of the relevant documents as well as a selfie using your smartphone/tablet (if available) for Facial Matching via a unique Guestlink email.
- The Trust uses electronic new starter forms on Trac to collect personal details. Information collected is securely stored and used to set up the employee record on the ESR HR system.
- The Trust will request a DBS (CRB) if the post involves regulated activities. The Trust is compliant with the Disclosure and Barring Service Codes of practice and the Rehabilitation of offenders act.
- By applying for this post you are agreeing to Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust transferring the information contained in this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the national NHS Electronic Staff Records system.
- Please be aware of scams – unless specified above, we will only communicate with you via @recruit.trac.jobs or nhs.net e-mails and we will never ask you for any payments.
Applications are welcome from people wishing to job share or work flexible patterns. We are committed to equal opportunities.
- Due to the high number of applications that are received for some posts, we may close this vacancy before the advertised closing date. Therefore please apply for this post as soon as you can, if you are interested and you meet the requirements of the Person Specification
- Only those candidates who clearly demonstrate how they meet the person specification will be shortlisted for this job.
- Interview arrangements will be communicated via email so please check your email regularly following the closing date.