Best Ways To Become A Permanent Resident In Canada – Do you want to live permanently in Canada? Is Canada resident your dream home? Relax, this piece of information will give you directions to achieve your dream
Best Ways To Become A Permanent Resident In Canada
Though the country is among the largest, its citizen population is very small. This is why the Canadian government has opened its doors to eligible immigrants who wish to live, work, and stay in Canada. Over the years, a good number of immigration programs have been created to perform a particular task which is to bring immigrants, refugees, students, and workers to the country.
With the Canadian government opening its doors to immigrants and foreign skilled workers, the country’s economy has grown significantly over the years, more jobs and business has been created, then vacant job positions, and labor shortage in the country has reduced immensely.
Who is a Permanent Resident?
A permanent resident in Canada is an immigrant or a person who has full permission to live, work, and stay in Canada permanently. As a permanent resident, you can move in and out of Canada at will, enjoy similar rights as a citizen in Canada except to run for government positions.
The entire process to become a permanent resident can get very complex and complicated especially if you are newbies. As a permanent resident, you are given a card which is usually renewed each year. However, when you lose your card or fail to renew, you could lose your permanent resident status.
Requirements to Apply For Permanent Residence
- To obtain a PR card in Canada, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be present in Canada during the time of application.
- You must not have been convicted of misusing your PR card.
- You must not be subject to a removal order
- Meet the Educational, Age, Language, and work experience requirements for your chosen PR program.
See Also: US Immigration Visa for Self-Employed
Easiest Ways To Obtain Permanent Residence
Canada has many routes and programs with which you can become a permanent resident in Canada. Not all of them are easy, simply put if you are a newbie applicant you will have some difficulty applying for a Permanent Residence permit. In this article, we discussed briefly some easy ways and routes you can use to obtain permanent residence fast in Canada.
- The Canadian Express Entry
Canadian Express Entry program is one of the fastest and easiest routes to becoming a permanent resident in Canada. The program which was first created in 2015 to help provinces bringing more immigrants to Canada, has now become a popular and easier route for obtaining Canadian permanent residence.
The express entry works with a point-based system known as the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). The system ranks candidates and immigrants who submit their applications and profiles showing interest to immigrate or become permanent residents in Canada. Candidates are scored based on their qualifications and other factors such as age, work experience, language proficiency, etc.
Candidates with the highest score will be sent an invitation to apply for permanent residence through their indicated provinces and it doesn’t get simpler than that.
- Business Investor Immigration Program
This is another easy path to permanent residency in Canada. The only downside to this method is that you are required to have a huge capital to start or purchase a business in Canada. This method is best for business owners who are looking to invest in Canada or start a business in Canada. After you have successfully acquired a business or invested in one, you will become eligible for a Canadian permanent residence permit. However, you must have at least CAD 2,000,000.
- Student Visa Route
As a student in Canada, you stand a better chance of obtaining a permanent residence than many immigrants in Canada. One of the requirements to apply for a permanent residence is work experience and the number of years spent in Canada. As a student in Canada, you are allowing work while studying and the number of years spent also counts for you when you apply for permanent residence. Foreign students in Canada can apply for permanent residence after they have graduated and completed their studies, they must also meet all the requirements for permanent residence in Canada to be eligible.
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
Each province in Canada has a provincial program through which candidates and immigrants can immigrate to Canada. Through these programs, Immigrants are invited based on the occupational needs and labor market requirements of each province. Provinces are permitted by the Canadian government to nominate candidates to apply for permanent residence. Each nominee can apply directly for a permanent resident if they meet other requirements.
You May Like: Canadian Work Permit Visa Process
Tips To Apply For A Permanent Resident Permit Faster
- Be sure to identify which method and program that suits you, and see whether or not you are eligible to apply under such a program.
- Don’t be shy to ask for expert advice and guidance. If it’s not too much work, I’d advise you to employ the services of an immigration or PR professional, mostly an immigration lawyer.
- Enquire early enough which documents you need to apply for a permanent residence, then start early to collect them. Examples of such documents include work reference letters, police reports, etc.
- When you apply and fill your application form, be sure to be accurate and avoid mistakes to avoid rejection.
- Never lie when you apply for permanent residence. If at some point any misleading information is discovered on your application, your permanent resident status will be revoked.
Use the comment box below for questions and contributions about Best Ways To Become A Permanent Resident In Canada.