American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship 2023 – Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates from low and middle-income countries for the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship for international students for the 2023/24 academic session.
American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship 2023
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship promotes educational access and opportunity while enhancing international diversity.
The American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is targeted at high-achieving international students who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in the US and who are dedicated to positive civic and social change. It is intended for students who will be to returning home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in his/her home country.
- Host Institution(s): American University, Washington DC, USA
- Level/Field(s) of study: Any undergraduate study offered at the University
- Number of Scholarships: One (1) scholarship is available
- Target group: The scholarships are targeted at international students from any country who are not U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or dual citizens of the U.S. and another country.
American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room, and board). The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets, and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S. $4,000).
It is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service, and advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with one of the following: 95+ TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or above); sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017); 7.0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or above); 33 minimum SAT Reading Subscore; 29 minimum ACT English; 65 minimum PTE; 120+ Duolingo (all subscores must be 110 or above); or Cambridge Assessment English score of 185 or higher. Each sub-score must be 169 or higher.
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2023.
- Important: Students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma in at least 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2023.
You are NOT eligible to apply if:
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
- You graduated from secondary school earlier than 2021.
American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship Application instructions:
To apply to the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship, you must apply and complete the AU EGLS application, Common or Coalition Application, and international admissions process by 15 December 2022 (priority deadline) or by 15 January 2023 at the latest. AU EGLS applicants must apply for Regular Decision for fall (August) 2023. Do not apply Early Decision (ED).
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Click Here to apply now